The Oceanographic Society of Japan (JOS) is receiving nominations for three prizes to recognize achievements in oceanographic research. Nominees and nominators must be members of JOS.
- The JOS Prize
The JOS Prize, the Prize of the Oceanographic Society of Japan, is awarded to a member of the Society who has made outstanding contributions to the progress of oceanography. One prize is awarded annually.
- The Okada Prize
Commemorating the late Professor Takematsu Okada, the Okada Prize is awarded to a young member of the Society who has made outstanding contributions to the progress of oceanography. Up to two prizes are awarded annually.
Eligibility: Members younger than 36 years old on the first of April of the award year (2019).
- The Uda Prize Commemorating the late Professor Michitaka Uda, the Uda Prize is awarded to a member of the Society who has contributed notably to the progress in oceanography, by showing remarkable leadership in a research group, or by playing outstanding roles in educational outreach or in technical supports. The prize is awarded annually.
Recommendations must be written in English or Japanese and should include the following:
– The nominee’s full name, birth date (for the Okada Prize only), and affiliation.
– The nominee’s research subject for the prize.
– Description of the nominee’s research achievement.
– List of the nominee’s key publications (not required for the Uda Prize).
– The nominator’s full name, affiliation, and e-mail address (signed and dated).
Please attach a short curriculum vitae and a list of publications for each nominee for the JOS Prize and the Okada Prize, and reference materials for the Uda Prize.
Please mail the printed recommendation and its editable Microsoft-word file to the following:
Awards Committee of the Oceanographic Society of Japan
Mainichi Academic Forum
Floor-9, Palace-side Building
1-1-1 Hitotsubashi, Chiyoda-ku
Tokyo 100-0003, Japan.
The electric files can be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. The image of stamp or sign is not needed in the electric files.
Deadline: September 3, 2018